Click to Home

Go To Search
Business Licenses
Business Registration (d/b/a)
All persons conducting business under any title other than the real name of the person conducting business must register the business name with the town clerk and obtain a doing-business-as certificate. Business registrations are valid for four years.

General Licensing
Board of Selectmen and Board of Health
There are a number of businesses that require licensing to conduct activities in Wilbraham. Acting under the appropriate Massachusetts General Laws, these licenses include:
  • Issued by the Board of Selectmen
    • Liquor licensing (several categories)
    • Entertainment Mondays-Saturdays
    • Entertainment Sundays
    • Video games, billiards, jukebox
    • Used car sales
    • Outdoor dining at licensed food establishments
  • Issued by the Board of Health; all require inspection by the Health Agent
    • Food establishments (several categories)
    • Tobacco retail sales
    • Motels
    • Summer camps
    • Tanning facilities and equipment
    • Swimming pools (public and semi-public)
    • Frozen dessert manufacturing (wholesale or retail)
    • Body art establishment or practitioners

Applying for a Local License
Most licenses issued by the Board of Selectmen or Board of Health require a cover application as well as supplementary applications.

All businesses are urged to contact the Selectmen's Office at (413) 596-2800, Ext. 101 during the planning stages for your business or change in your activities. Please allow at least three weeks for action on most licensing requests. Some licensing, such as liquor and entertainment, require public hearings which must be advertised with notice to abutters. Please allow five weeks for action on these.

Non-profit & Charitable Events
Selectmen and the Board of Health have much discretion in the licensing and fees charged to non-profit enterprises or charitable events. However, all public events should file an application at least five weeks in advance of the event, so that appropriate licensing and public safety concerns can be addressed. This includes walking or running events, public or semi-public shows, community concerts, auctions, wine tastings, outdoor fairs or flea markets.