View All Posts

Dec 31

F.B.I. LEEDA Training

Posted on December 31, 2014 at 1:11 PM by Jeffrey Rudinski

FBI LEEDA.jpeg

From December 12 through December 15, Chief Roger Tucker, Captain Timothy Kane and Captain Robert Zollo attended the  F.B.I.  LEEDA (Law Enforcement Executive Development Association) training at Westfield State College.

The training focused on doing what is right for your organization, however  placed an emphasis on relationships and garnering a better understanding of  officers. The training emphasized correcting deficiencies and dysfunction in a Law Enforcement organization promptly. It provided staff the understanding that treating officers deficiencies angrily will not work.  Instead, staff was advised to focus on the bad decision, and not necessarily looking at the “bad decision” as a “bad officer”. In most cases, this will provided  a better result.  Only 5% of the time will supervisors have to make “tough decisions” and/or deal with “extraordinary situations”. The other 95% of the time, decisions should and will come from staff’s  relationship with officers. Chief Tucker, Captain Kane and Captain Zollo believed that the training was very informative.