- Fire Department
- Emergencies, Utility Outages & School Closings
Emergencies, Utility Outages & School Closings
• Make only essential phone calls.
• Do not keep calling a department if you have reported a situation, unless there is a life or death problem.
• Restrict water and electricity usage to essentials. Capacities are limited until all town services are fully restored.
• Please be patient and realize that time estimates for restoring any service are only approximate and based on conditions at the time of the estimate. In a developing situation anything can happen.
Police & Fire Departments
Call 911 only in emergencies involving fire, health or life threatening situations.
Department of Public Works and DRC
The clearing of fallen trees, limbs, snow, water, etc. which obstruct vehicular traffic is the Department of Public Work's top priority. Downed trees on town land will be removed by the town. Disposal of downed trees and other debris on private property is the responsibility of the homeowner and will not be picked up by the town.
Wed - 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
Fri - 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
Sat - 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun - 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Mon, Tue, Thurs,
Jan 1st, Jul 4th,
Nov 11th, Dec 25th
National Grid is charged with restoring power. Because of constantly changing situations during an emergency, it is impossible to predict accurately when service will be restored. Therefore, it is the homeowners' responsibility to safeguard against frozen food spoilage or other inconveniences as the result of power loss. When power is lost, turn off or disconnect all major appliances, pumps, etc. until power is restored. Power will be restored on a priority basis.
School Cancellations, Delays, and Early Dismissals: For school cancellation, delay and early dismissal announcements, we will be using the Connect-Ed Notification system. Therefore, on days when school is cancelled or delayed, expect a call between 5:30 and 6:00 a.m. You can listen to the following media outlets:
WGGB WWLP WSHM CBS-3
WHYN AM & FM WAQY WMAS
Wilbraham Public Access – Cable Channel 5