Spec Day Camp
More information coming soon.
SPEC DAY CAMP
(CIT Program Details are Following)
Spec Day Camp is a six-week day camp run by the Wilbraham Parks and Recreation Department with a mission of providing campers with a fun, friendly, safe and supportive outdoor environment where everyone can enjoy a wide variety of activities. The camp complies with the regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is licensed by the local Board of Health. Our outstanding staff is carefully chosen, CORI checked and first-aid and CPR certified.
- Camp runs for six weeks beginning July 8th. Space is limited in each session
- Camp hours: 9:00am-3:30pm with pre-and post-camp hours available (7:30am-9:00am and/or 3:30 pm-5:00 pm).
- Each week has an exciting theme, and activities are planned with that theme in mind.
- Activities include games, music, crafts, nature, sports, special guests and lots of just plain fun.
- A weekly field trip is planned and is included in the registration fee.
- Beautiful Spec Pond is spring-fed and lab-checked weekly.
Spec Day Camp Counselor-in-Training (C.I.T.) Program
Excellent training for a future workplace!
The Counselor in Training (CIT) program provides training in leadership skills through a summer camp work experience under the guidance and supervision of a designated CIT Director. Activities include training in areas such as communication skills, teamwork, outdoor activity planning, goal setting, safety and other related subjects. In addition, CITs spend time with campers in order to gain valuable hands-on experience assisting the staff in many areas of the camp program. The many skills learned by the CIT will be useful and valuable in future success in any workplace. Space is very limited and candidates are chosen through an application process. The CIT position is a three or six week unpaid position with the selected applicants incurring the cost.
Completed applications must be returned to the Recreation Office by mid-June. Applications are reviewed by the CIT Director and Recreation staff. Applicants must be accepted into the program and are not automatically enrolled as explained in the Application Packet coming soon.